Small scratches, scuffs and dents can be irritating for car owners who like to keep their vehicles in a pristine condition but can also have a negative effect on the value of their car. In the past, cars in need of cosmetic repair would have been sent to a conventional body shop, meaning that customers would be without their car while the repair work took place, and potentially facing a large bill. Thankfully, many of these small scratches, scuffs and dents can be repaired using SMART techniques, which are quick, convenient and effective for dealer and customer alike.
What is Covered
SMART Repair and Alloy Wheel Insurance covers your customers for a sudden and unforeseen event resulting in accidental damage to their vehicle, such as:
- Scratches –a scratch to the vehicle not exceeding 20cm in length.
- Minor dent – a dent to a metal body panel not exceeding 20cm in diameter where the panel has not been ripped, torn or perforated.
- Scuffed bumper –damage up to 20cm in diameter, 3mm in depth and sitting within 1 body panel.
- Alloy wheels – damage to your alloy wheels
- Make an unlimited number of SMART claims, up to the maximum aggregate of £3,000.
- Up to £1,000 per SMART claim.
- Make up to 10 alloy wheel claims.
- Up to £150 per alloy wheel claim with a maximum aggregate of £1,500.
- Cover for 36 months.
- Protects the future resale value of your car.
- Maintains the appearance of your car.
- Professional repair carried out at a time convenient for you.
- All repair work is guaranteed for the life of the vehicle ownership by you, the policy holder.
- Should your wheel be damaged beyond repair, we will contribute up to £150towards the cost of a replacement wheel.