WMS Group claims procedure
To make a warranty claim, please follow the below procedure:
- Diagnose the fault and ascertain whether the failure would be covered under the terms of the customers’ agreement.
- Telephone our service desk on 01844 293810 to advise our engineers of the fault. It may be necessary for parts to be dismantled to establish whether we have a liability under the agreement. If we do accept the repair, we will cover the cost of dismantling to form part of the claim. If we do not accept the repair, the policy holder will be responsible for the dismantling costs. Please note that all diagnostic costings are the responsibility of the policy holder, unless otherwise added to the cover at the start date.
- If we accept responsibility under the agreement, a repair authorisation code will be issued by the claim engineers. NOTE: We will use service exchange or reconditioned parts if necessary and all labour charges are reimbursed in accordance with the KIS repair times. In the event of a dispute in respect of the liability, we will if necessary instruct an independent assessor to inspect the vehicle and report his findings, the result of which cannot be contested except by another independent assessor.
- We must be notified within 7 days of the occurrence of which we may have a responsibility.
- Once a repair authorisation code has been provided, it remains valid for a period of 3 months. After this time the repair authority is automatically withdrawn.
What to do with the invoice:
- Ensure that the repair authorisation code is clearly marked on the invoice.
- Ensure that any service invoices that have been requested are included
- State clearly who we are to pay
- Send to the WMS Group Ltd, Suite 1, Oxford House, Oxford Road, Thame, Oxon OX9 2AH.
Please note that any repairs carried out without prior authorisation will not be reimbursed.